The Grand Bend Church is a member of the Church of God in Eastern Canada and is also part of a larger global movement the Church of God, Anderson, Indiana. Our goal is to be a Bible teaching, caring community of God’s people. We are here to promote the cause of Jesus Christ by extending his love to people in our community.
The following statements reflect the heart of the Church of God:
- Salvation makes us members of God’s church. We believe that the church is composed of every person who has accepted Jesus Christ as Savior. We enter into the life of the church, not by joining a denomination or a human organization, but by committing our lives to Christ (John 3:1–7).
- Christians are called to be one. We believe that God calls all followers of Christ to live in unity and peace, regardless of who they are or the church they attend (Gal 3:28). While we may not agree on everything, we can rally around our subject, Jesus.
- We must be holy. We believe that followers of Christ have been called to live a life of love, purity, and godliness. We are called to live like Christ, taking on a new nature (2 Cor 5:17).
We also embrace these biblical principles:
- The Lordship of Jesus. There is one Lord, who is God’s Son Jesus Christ, over the church. Christ is the church’s ultimate authority on all matters (Acts 2:36).
- Making Disciples. Each of us is called to fulfill Matthew 28:18–20, making fully devoted followers of Christ—disciples—who will then teach others to follow Christ.
- Loving God and Neighbor. We are called to fulfill Matthew 22:37–39, not only loving God with our entire being, but also loving all that he loves.
- The Work of the Holy Spirit. God’s Spirit equips believers with unique gifts that enable us to carry out the mission of Christ in the world. At the same time, the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control in every believer (Galatians 5:22–23), which demonstrate the Spirit’s presence within us.
- Stewardship. Since God is the source of life, all of life is to be used for the honor, glory, and service of God (Psalm 24:1).
Meet with us:
- to praise the Lord
- to study God’s Word
- to pray
- to serve others
- as we discover what it means to be a Christian in today’s society